Saturday, January 22, 2011

30 lb kid

I am a Mom. My youngest child is 20 months and 30 lbs. She will be a tall girl just like her sister. I can't wait to hear her laughter when I come home from work every day. It always makes me smile. The only problem is she wants to be held. A lot!
Did I mention she is 30 lbs? Needless to say that those 30 lbs cause me pain every day. Sometimes in my shoulders, other days I can feel it in my lower back. I might have left out the fact  that I am very much out of shape....

Today I went for my first pre- training massage. Before I lace up my running shoes or decide which color swim suit to wear, I had to get the kinks out. By far, it was the best massage I have ever gotten. My arms got stretched, the knots in my legs were kneaded out and I felt relaxed for the first time in months.

Now, as I look forward to my first swim in a very long time; I will be pain free. At least for a few hours. Then I will come home and pick up my 30 lb kid. I will snuggle with her and be so very grateful that she is my healthy 30 lb kid. I may be out of shape and struggle with the inadequacies of my body, but I know that as I trudge through training, nursing aches and pains, that I am helping to cure Cancer.

Please join me as I train for the South Maui Triathlon and raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Your support is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment