Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Letter to my daughters

Dear Pyper and Paxton,

Today was a really hard day. I didn't feel like accomplishing much today. I certainly didn't want to work out. After putting you both to bed, I knew that I had to get on the treadmill. I decided that even a mile or two could be walked. But a funny thing happened along the way. Your picture is posted on the wall and you are holding a sign that says "You".

I saw your faces and started to think that you were telling me ,"You will finish this." It sounds crazy, I know. Whatever it was, imagination, motivation or just hallucination, you got me through. I ended up running 4 miles because you believed in me, when I didn't want to believe in myself.  I train every day for you. I want to be a strong female role model for you. I want you to be proud.

I love you,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment