Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fundraising at its finest!

Beep, beep, beep! The alarm went off at 6 am. Ugh! Roll out of bed, jump in the shower and get ready to merchandise my wares. Today is the day of the Big Garage Sale. All funds going to LLS. My goal was $1000; a little high, I know. My husband.... He thinks we will be good at $300.

Pyper has her table ready- selling brownies and Baklava. The Baklava is amazing! The brownies sell out to all of the kids. Scott puts all the signs up and I am organizing. Oh- and there is organizing to do. We have boys clothes, girls clothes.... Heat lamps, DVDS, strollers, toys and yes...... Bras! Hello- when I asked for donations I was not expecting that. But hey- we sold them and that's what matters. It pays to be a Closer.

The day is long and we are busy. Bartering is not my style, so I struggle when people want to bargain for the goods. We have amazing stuff and people want it for less. I realize we are at a garage sale, but come on! We are raising money to fight Cancer. Most don't care, but there were a few that shared their stories of loved ones who were going through treatment or were survivors. Those people I liked. Everyone else.... I'm glad they helped me to reach our goal.

I am not a pack rat and do not hold on to things for long. After all, they are just things and we are so much more than that. Garage selling is a one time thing. Many people supported me and donated quality items. Others donated baked goods and tables to house the product. I am so grateful for that.

At the end of the day, my house is now clean. We have a pick up scheduled for the Salvation Army and we made our goal. The family is exhausted...... And we are one step closer to curing Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment