Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thoughts

Life is odd or strange; maybe just ironic. Several days ago I read this very sad book about the Rwanda Genocide. Told by a women that had such a strong faith she saw past the hate. Not one day after I finished the book, the announcement had been made that a despised terrorist had fallen. Almost ten years after 9/11. I have witnessed celebration of death and others who are appalled at the celebration. My reaction to the announcement was criticized. I had none. The man was dead, but I know there will always be another. I think my reaction or lack there of was linked to the story I had read so shortly before and the horrors that were told. If I continue the Hate, how do I explain to my children when they ask why I am cheering for someone's death?
I know that forgiveness is a lot to ask. We cannot forget the evil that surrounds us, but I have come to realize I can be thankful for what I have while I have it. I can rejoice in the good that surrounds us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment